Guest speaker, John Cressman, shared tips on how to spend less, as well as the ministry and personal benefits of doing so. Don’t miss this timely message!
PRACTICAL SIDE OF THE COIN – Positioning Ourselves Financially
On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!
Ready, Aim, Fire!
Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More!
HOW TO COUNTER THE URGE TO SPLURGE
“Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.” Proverbs 23:4 (NIV)
1. Realize that nothing is a good deal if you can’t afford it
2. Request God’s opinion – invite God into the decision
3. Rest on it – delay a day
4. Re-examine purchases in light of ministry potential
5. Resist the manipulative nature of advertising
6. Recognize that little purchases add up
7. Record your expenditures. Know where your money is going
8. Rely on a budget. Tell your money where it needs to go
9. Regularly purchase with cash
10. Research. Never buy anything you don’t understand
11. Rely on accountability. Get permission before you spend over …
12. Reallocate– make a Christmas list adjustment
SPIRITUAL SIDE OF THE COIN – Positioning Our Hearts
“Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians2:5-8 (NASB)
This Advent Season, follow the example of Jesus