On this fifth Sunday of our 40 Days of Lent, the message focused on Jesus’ humanity.
For our 40 days of Lent, our Sunday messages will focus on what Jesus said while He hung on the cross. You have probably thanked Jesus for what He did on the cross, but have you ever thanked Him for what He said on the cross?
SEVEN WORDS FROM THE CROSS
JESUS SPEAKS OF HIS HUMANITY:
THE THIRST OF JESUS
“Jesus knew that His mission was now finished, and to fulfill scripture He said, ‘I am thirsty.'” John 19:28-29
1. SHOWS HE REALLY WAS HUMAN
Philippians 2:7-8 Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
2. SHOWS HE REALLY WAS THE SAVIOUR
Psalm 69:21 But instead, they give me poison for food; they offer me sour wine for my thirst.
3. SHOWS HOW MUCH HE REALLY LOVED ME
Romans 5:8 But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
THE THIRST OF OTHERS
1. I SERVE JESUS BY SERVING OTHERS (Matthew 25:37-40)
2. GOD NOTICES THE SMALLEST SERVICE (Matthew 10:42)
3. THE MOST CHRISTLlKE SERVICE IS TO OUR ENEMIES (Proverbs 25:21)
SATISFYING YOUR THIRST
1. REALIZE WHAT I AM REALLY THIRSTY FOR (Psalm 63:1)
2. REALIZE THAT JESUS UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN (Isaiah 53:4-5)
3. STOP LOOKlNG FOR SATISFACTION ELSEWHERE (Jeremiah 2:13)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | RSS