In Pastor Josh Mutter’s first message as our Lead Pastor, Josh shared a little about his story. In his message, he shared more about what’s in his heart and how he sees God working in his life, and in ours.
Message by Josh Mutter – October 21, 2018
HEMORRHAGING FAITH 2012 – STATISTICS
- 1 in 3 Canadian young adults who attended church weekly as a child still do today.
- 3 out of 5 young adults who stop attending church will also drop their affiliation with any Christian tradition.
THE ROLE OF COMMUNITY IN MY LIFE
RELATIONSHIPS ARE TRANSFORMATIVE
John 13:34-35 (NIV) Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
1 Peter 4:8 (NIV) Above all, love each other deeply …
Proverbs 27:17 (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Galatians 6:2 (NIV) Paul says, “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
1. The relationships in our church matter.
2. We each have a responsibility to put ourselves in a position where we can be connected to others.
3. The relationships in our community are to be supernatural.
About Josh Mutter: Josh Mutter is the Lead Pastor at Westheights Community Church. Josh is married to Michelle and they have two very busy little boys named Silas & Isaac. Josh enjoys long walks on the beach and smooth jazz – well, not really. But he does enjoy time with his family, spending time outdoors, watching baseball, sipping coffee and reading a good book. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.