“For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love .” Galatians 5:13 (NLT)
To be able to fully experience genuine freedom by serving God and others.
- Praise God for who He is
- Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
- Allow His Spirit to draw you near
- Listen as He speaks to you
- Bless me with a desire to do God’s will.
- Give me wisdom to know when God is asking me to serve Him and others.
- Pray for the strength & courage to serve & love.
- Present me with opportunities to serve.
- Help me to love those who are different or difficult to love.
- Thank God for hearing you.
- Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will.
- 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
“The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have.” – Leonard Nimoy
God has given me freedom from a life of self-centered sinful behaviours. Freedom from death, both physical and spiritual, in the here and now as well as in eternity. God has not given me this freedom to do as I please, or without purpose. God has a purpose for me each and every day (Romans 8:28). I am blessed every morning I awake, as life here on earth is fragile and uncertain. I thank God for this day and give the day back to Him, as I freely submit to His will. This is not always easy and I find myself on a regular basis re-dedicating the day to His plan. As Jesus submitted to the Father in being crucified on a cross for us, through love, I am reminded that I too am to submit to the Father in love by serving and loving others. Many times this includes things that are difficult. Daily chores that I hate doing, spending time in prayer or Bible study when I’m tired. Making an effort to greet people at church when I’m feeling shy and insecure. Doing or saying something nice to someone who hasn’t been so nice to me. I have been called to live in freedom! The thing is, I am not expected to do these difficult things on my own, I need only allow God’s Spirit to work in and through me. When service and love seem difficult, I need to remember “with God, all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
Contributed by: Teresa Maki