Here we grow again!
Last fall, in addition to our First Steps Nursery, the Westheights Children’s Ministry opened a new Toddler Room, which has served up to 8 toddling babes and their families each Sunday. This fall we’re planning to open a second Infant/Toddler Room, and we’d appreciate your help!
We’re in need of some larger toys, furniture and equipment for this expanding First Steps ministry. If you’re inspired to support young families, consider a gift towards our new Toddler Rooms. In fact, feel free to browse the following list as a kind of registry, so that you can see what kinds of toys (and manufacturing quality) we require for long-term active play!
We are hoping for such items as:
- toy shelf with bins (primary or neutral colours)–http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=10776119
- Patches the Rocking Horse– http://toys.scholarschoice.ca/products/18-Months-6003/Baby-Toddler-Toys-538/Patches-the-Rocking-Horse-p35642/pstart49/
- Little Tikes Toddler Tables (We’ll need 2 of these!)–http://www.sears.ca/product/little-tikes-adjust-n-draw-table/616-000884635-613890
- Fisher-Price Peek-a-boo Cuckoo–http://www.sears.ca/product/fisher-price-peek-a-boo-cuckoo/616-000503383-R7153
- Peekaboo Ball– http://toys.scholarschoice.ca/products/18-Months-6003/Baby-Toddler-Toys-538/Peekaboo-Ball-p38091/pstart49/
- Spinning Bees Carousel– http://toys.scholarschoice.ca/products/18-Months-6003/Baby-Toddler-Toys-538/Spinning-Bees-by-Alex-p50249/pstart49/
In addition, we could also use:
- a toddler slide (of thick plastic, and very solid)
- a 20” TV monitor (for a dvd/vhs player)
- pull-along, pop-up, sorting, stacking toys
- toy trucks and cars, suitable for toddlers
- board books (in very good condition)
If you would prefer that we add your gift to a bulk online order, and/or if you would like a tax deductible receipt from Westheights for your donation, please contact Charlene Neuman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify clearly which gift you would like to donate; cheques can be made out to Westheights Community Church.
Please deliver any purchased or gently-used gifts to the Nursery on or before September 18, 2011. Charitable receipts are also available for new, purchased gifts, as long as register receipts are on hand to prove valuation.
Thank-you so much for caring for the youngest members of our community, for their parents, and for our team of Sunday volunteers. It’s our desire to create a welcoming environment for all our families, and to bless, pray for and “establish strength” in the life of each child in our care—for God’s glory!
From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength… Psalm 8:2 (NASB)