Palm Sunday—March 24th – We’re getting ready for another spring celebration with our neighbours at Forest Heights!
• Do we have your child’s signed permission form?
• Has your child been learning the lyrics to “O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing” and “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee”? Singing through them together at home will give the children the confidence to lead.
• Talk together at home about how Jesus exhorted us to visit the sick, and to love and care for others without condition. Encourage your child to pray for the residents and workers, and celebrate his/her willingness to put the needs of others first. You may want to make an Easter-themed craft for a resident, and attach an encouraging note from your child to the back of it.
• On the day of, your child may wear festive but comfortable clothing… Remember, the focus is not on performing, but rather on worshipping together and leading the service. We will wear our coats and boots/shoes over to FHLTCC; if your child decides to bring indoor shoes, he/she must be responsible for bringing them to and from the centre.
• If you suspect your child is fighting a cold, do not send him/her to FHLTCC. If necessary, we will have a leader stay back with children who may have colds, etc. It is crucial that we do not knowingly bring illness into the centre.
• Drop your child off in Kid Central at 9:30am on Sunday, March 24. Pick him/her up at 11:45, after the Westheights service. (Jr Highs will be dismissed immediately when they return.)
• If you have skills in photography and video recording, please consider taking some video and photos for our archive…If you’re able to help in this way, please contact Charlene Neuman at email@example.com.
Thanks for helping to make it all happen!