It’s been tougher to take photos than we expected as we don’t have the requisite hard hats and work-boots so we are relying on the cooperation and kindness of the construction guys to take photos for us, or sneaking in a few surreptitious photographs from exterior doorways or windows.
The highlights of the past week have been:
- Tearing down the separator walls around the basement washrooms
- Gutting the basement washrooms
- Tearing down the back stairwell
- Ripping up the parking lot for storm-water management improvements
- Bricking up one of the sanctuary windows
- Joining two of the basement classrooms into one larger class
- Removing our cherished cherry blossom tree in preparation for our exterior expansion of the foyer
- Electrical and hydro preparation
- And much more …
You’ll see from the photos that we have faithful John, on-site every single day and ensuring that all goes according to plan. Even on rainy days he remained on guard!