This Sunday morning, we have a very special guest speaker, Jay Calder, with us. Jay is a local instrumental guitarist extraordinaire who has earned many accolades as a musician, and has also led as a pastor with the Evangelical Missionary Church for nine years. He is a Compassion Canada Ambassador, and will be sharing about the important work of Compassion Canada. Jay is married to Sandy and they have four children.
We look forward to having him speak at our morning service, and then open for Randy Stonehill on Sunday night.
Here are the songs we will be singing at the morning service, as well as a Youtube Playlist.
10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)
Jay Calder’s long and varied bio includes:
- “Breakfast With Barnabas” was nominated Instrumental Album of the Year (VIBE Awards)
- “Vision” nominated for the Gospel Music Association (Covenant Awards)
- Awarded Best Acoustic Artist at the Toronto Independent Music Awards, four times!
- Toured with Casting Crowns, Avalon, Guy Penrod, and did a cross-Canada tour with the Newsboys
- He uses two-handed tapping, false harmonics and other unusual techniques to draw an almost orchestral range of sound out of the guitar. His independent release, “Breakfast with Barnabas” as well as his live performances, are conducted without the benefit of overdubs, backing tracks or looping.