Pastor Josh concluded our teaching series, Spiritual Stuff for the Everyday Soul, with an opportunity for people to submit questions that they may have along the topic of spiritual disciplines. From fasting, to prayer, to the Bible, Pastor Josh covered a gamut of questions in this Q&A message.
SPIRITUAL STUFF FOR THE EVERYDAY SOUL
Message by Josh Mutter – November 3, 2019
1. WHAT ARE SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES? “PIE”
P – Spiritual disciplines are a way that we put ourselves in a position to encounter God.
I – When we engage in spiritual disciplines, we are making the choice to invest in our relationship with God.
E – Spiritual practices are exercises through which God can strengthen us and prepare us to be a part of what He is doing in the world.
- To listen to the podcast of Pastor josh’s message earlier this year on fasting – click here
- Is fasting required?
- Is it a sin not to fast?
- Is there a right or wrong way to pray?
4. THE BIBLE
- I have a hard time reading and connecting with the Bible. How can I do this better?
- Come to church
- Listen to podcasts (e.g., the Meeting House, http://www.themeetinghouse.com/teaching/podcasts/)
- Read to learn and be inspired (e.g. Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again by Rachel Held Evans)
- In the season of life that I’m in, how do I make spiritual disciplines a regular thing?
- I have difficulty connecting with God when I intentionally sit down and practice the spiritual disciplines. Why don’t they work for me?
- What is a good discipline to start with, if you are just entering or re-entering a spiritual life?
- Bible app (https://www.youversion.com/)
- Verse of the day, read slowly 3x
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | RSS