Jesus Helps Us Understand Ourselves
Message by Joshua Mutter – March 13, 2022
Big Idea: Jesus helps us understand that our identity can be rooted in his love for us.
Point #1 – Jesus invites us to understand ourselves by following him.
One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and followed him.
A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee’s sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. Mark 1:16-19 NIV
- Imagine Jesus walks up to us what would he find us doing that expresses how we understand who we are? Where are we, who are we with?
- Imagine Jesus says the words “follow me” to us?
Point #2 – Jesus’ love for us reshapes how we understand ourselves.
“…the disciple whom Jesus loved.” – See: John 13:23, 19:26, 20:2, 21:7, 21:20
- What is keeping me from seeing myself as being loved by Jesus?
- What would life be like if I actually believed that Jesus loves me?
- How can I apply Jesus’ love for me to how I understand myself?
You can watch the sermon on Youtube here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Amazon Music | RSS