LORD’S PRAYER: YOUR KINGDOM COME
Message by Josh Mutter – January 14, 2024
BIG IDEA: Prayer connects us with God and his vision for our world.
Matthew 6:9-13 NIV “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’
1. Jesus teaches us to allow the Kingdom to shape how we pray.
2. Jesus teaches us that through prayer we commit ourselves to doing what God says is right.
Isaiah 1:17 NIV Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
Micah 6:8 NIV He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
- There are things that will keep us from properly sensing God’s will in our lives.
- We need to make space to discern God’s will in our lives.
- For God’s will to be done means that we need to do our part.
You can listen to the sermon on YouTube here.