Speak out: Churches would voice their concerns and uphold our values regarding the direction of our country.
“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.”
“I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can under- stand the confident hope he has given to those he called— his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.“
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
• Burden Christians to want to be involved in the direction of the country
• Lead church leaders to unite their churches to voice concerns over issues of values and morality that affect our country
• Compel Christians to take the time to vote
• Help you talk to your Christian friends about the importance of voicing their concerns to their MPs and MPPs.
• Help you get the information you need about the candidates and the issues to be able to vote intelligently
• Confound the efforts of people who try to stop Christians from getting informed in churches
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will