God-honoured language: Choosing our words lovingly can help destroy hypocrisy.
“With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.”
James 3: 9-12
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
• Help extinguish the desire to slander others.
• Give Christians a desire to speak loving, encouraging words whenever possible
• Inspire parents to raise their children to be aware of the impact of their words
• Help Christians to recognize that everyone has been made in the image of God and therefore has redeeming qualities
• Help Christians to differentiate between words that honour God and words that offend Him
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will