We strongly believe that being part of a small group (we call them “House Churches”) is a vital part of a well-balanced spiritual diet.
In the days of the early Church most of the meetings happened in homes (Acts 2:46; Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:19; Colossians 4:15), so being a part of a House Church is not something we do in addition to church – it is Church in its truest form.
It is through House Churches that each person can give and receive the best pastoral care and use their God-given gifts to the fullest. In House Churches we can find opportunities to love each other in practical ways. Through House Churches we can help each other to live out our faith with passion and we can challenge each other to grow deeper in our relationship with God.
Join us in the home of your choice to enjoy conversation and support. This is a place to pray for and support one another. Each group enjoys various social events together and serves in a number of ways in the community.
Visit a few of our House Churches and then pick the one that’s right for you! You’re always welcome; just contact the leader and come on in!
Following is a list of our current house churches. Please feel free to contact a house church leader for details, address, directions, etc.
HOUSE CHURCH DIRECTORY
Sundays at 2:00pm
- A group for (approximate) ages 18-24
- An opportunity to connect on a deeper level and grow in our faith through learning and sharing
- Currently studying the book of Galatians
For more information, contact Anthony & Ruth
WOMEN OF WORTH
Mondays at 7:00pm
- For women of all ages
- Learning together what it means to follow Jesus and love others, fostering relationships within our group and our families
- Currently working through Rick Warren’s “Transformed” study. Exploring what the Bible has to say about every essential area of our lives: Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, Relational, Financial, and Vocational. The world is shouting for our attention with answers to our relationship struggles, solutions to our financial trouble, and explanations to our search for meaning. But the world’s promises leave us empty and searching for more. God’s Word is the only answer that promises to transform our lives from the inside out.
Tuesdays at 7:00pm
- For adults of all ages and stages of life
- Discussions are often based on the Sunday sermons, though are sometimes instead centred around a particular topic of interest
- Studying Tony Campolo’s “Carpe Diem” for four weeks, beginning on October 1, 2019. Most of us are not living to our full potential. We’ve let go of our dreams and resigned ourselves to a life of quiet frustration. We go through the motions each day with a mentality that says “so high and no more”. Tony Campolo says, ENOUGH! It’s time to SEIZE THE DAY!
For more information, contact Beth & Terry
Wednesdays at 9:30am
- A time of connecting and informal study for women of all ages and stages of life
- No need to register or call ahead
- Child care provided
- Studying the book of Ephesians
For more information, contact Cindy
Wednesdays at 7:30pm
- Mostly made up of people aged 50+, but those who are younger are more than welcome
- A relaxed mix of Bible study, prayer and worship interspersed with social evenings
- Studying the book of Hebrews based on N.T. Wright’s “Hebrews for Everyone.” For many Jewish Christians of the first century, living in the light of the gospel was challenging. Having accepted Jesus as the long-awaited Messiah, they were regarded by still-skeptical family, friends and neighbours as dangerous, misguided and even disloyal to all that God had said earlier on. The letter to the Hebrews was written to show that you can’t go back to an earlier stage of God’s purposes but must press on eagerly to the one that is yet to come.
For more information, contact Stan & Wilma
CIRCLE OF SISTERS
Thursdays at 11:30am
- Worship, prayer and Bible study for women of all ages
- Bring a packed lunch to enjoy together at 11:30; actual session runs from noon-2pm
- Studying the books of First and Second Peter
For more information, contact Pamela
Thursdays at 6:30pm
- A diverse group for all ages, exploring faith in everyday life; no faith experience necessary
- Six-week discussion and study topics, interspersed with monthly service projects
- Meetings at the church
- Currently studying Bob Goff’s “Everybody Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People.” The path toward the liberated existence we all long for is found in a truth as simple to say as it is hard to do: love people, even the difficult ones, without distinction and without limits.
For more information, contact Heather, Shane, Nel & Paul
Fridays at 6:30pm
- For adults of all ages and stages of life
- Short-term series (6-8 weeks) rotating between in-depth studies of the books of the New Testament, interspersed with video series on application
- Activities include studies, socials and service projects
For more information, contact Terry & Jenn
Saturdays at 9:00am
- Discussion (with coffee, of course) of interesting books related to our Christian faith
- Currently reading and discussing Eugene Peterson’s A Long Obedience in the Same Direction: Discipleship in An Instant Society. This world is no friend to grace. God has given us some resources, however. As we grow in character qualities like hope, patience, repentance and joy, we will grow in our ability to persevere. The biblical passages in these studies offer encouragement to continue in the path Christ has set forth for us.
For more information, contact Dan