“And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.” Acts 2:44 (NLT)
Pray for the people to experience the fellowship of the Brethren in Christ community and be challenged to follow and share of and in the faith.
- Praise God for who He is
- Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
- Allow His Spirit to draw you near
- Listen as He speaks to you
- Pray that our faith will encourage others to walk with the Lord.
- Pray that we may always feel the Lord working within and around us in our daily life.
- Pray that we put our trust into the Lord at all times.
- Pray that we trust each other in the Lord.
- Pray that our example leads others to our Lord and Heavenly Father.
- Thank God for hearing you
- Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will
1 John 1:7
Many years ago, Carol and I were Congregational Delegates to General Conference held at Messiah College in Pennsylvania. While we drove through New York State and into Pennsylvania, we experienced the awesome beauty of the Lord’s creation – the hills and trees; thus preparing us for a wonderful experience. We were privileged to experience the mature older Brethren participating in a worshipful and business atmosphere. The faith displayed by the people around us truly awed us as we were newcomers to the Brethren in Christ denomination. It is a magnificent joy to listen to these Brethren sing in harmony to the Lord, and be in the middle of these people as they worship our Lord. This experience allowed us to grow within ourselves, and solidify our support of the BIC Church back home.
Acts 2:44 tells us to gather and share of ourselves with ourselves. During those few days we grew in our faith, made friends and felt we truly belonged. We encourage everyone to take the opportunity, when offered, and participate in being a delegate to either the General or Canadian Conference. Awesome! is the way to describe the experience. We can inspire our fellow brethren here at home the same way as we gather; share yourself, share of yourself and encourage others to do the same. A rich experience is our reward, as is the further growth in our faith.
Contributed by: Gerd Warkus