“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” James 5:16 (NLT)
Pray, today, for those who find it hard to confess their sins, so they and you may be healed.
- Praise God for who He is
- Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
- Allow His Spirit to draw you near
- Listen as He speaks to you
- Pray for a gentle tongue when speaking to others.
- Pray for wisdom that when we speak, the words are from God.
- Pray for answers from God to guide us as we study His word and respond as He would have us respond.
- Thank God for hearing you.
- Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will.
- Jude 1:19-21
“Before the tongue can speak, it must have lost the power to wound.” (Peace Pilgrim)
By confessing my sins to my fellow sisters at house church, I have been blessed with wisdom and obedience to God’s word.
One sin was my nagging and I prayed that if I could not stop this, to have my tongue removed. My sisters prayed for me. A few weeks later I was diagnosed with tongue cancer. It (the cancer) was successfully removed. My nagging has stopped.
By being very truthful in stating our sins and asking forgiveness for our transgressions, we are healed by the grace of God.
Contributed by: Toni Kent-Ball