Hey, Parents of Finders Keepers kids!
We’re getting ready for another joyful celebration with our neighbours at Forest Heights on December 5th! Just some final notes …
- Do we have your child’s signed permission form? Children without permission forms will not be allowed to attend the service.
- Has your child been learning the lyrics to Joy to the World and Silent Night? Singing through them together at home will give the children the confidence to lead. Below is a copy of the lyrics for the verses we plan to sing.
- Talk together at home about how Jesus exhorted us to visit the sick, and to love and care for others without condition. Encourage your child to pray for the residents and workers, and celebrate his/her willingness to put the needs of others first. You may want to make a Nativity-themed craft for a resident, and attach an encouraging note from your child to the back of it.
- On the day of, your child should wear festive but comfortable clothing…Remember, the focus is not on performing, but rather on worshipping together and leading the service. We will wear our coats and boots over to FHLTCC; if your child decides to bring shoes, he/she must be responsible for bringing them to and from the centre.
- If you suspect your child is fighting a virus, do not send him/her to FHLTCC. If necessary, we will have a leader stay back with children who may have colds, etc. It is crucial that we do not knowingly bring illness into the centre.
- Drop your child off in Finders Keepers Central at 9:30am on Sunday, December 5. Pick him/her up at 11:45, after the Westheights service.
- We’re looking for a couple of parents with skills in photography and video recording, to take some video and photos for our archive…If you’re able to help for this event, please contact Charlene Neuman as soon as possible.
Many thanks for helping to make it happen! Hope your Christmas season has kicked off in a merry way.
Click below for the lyrics, and help your child get to know these traditional carols!