The K-W Pregnancy Resource Centre is looking to hire a Client Service Director who will be responsible for the oversight of the client service function of the KWPRC. This includes meeting with clients, co-ordinating client programming, recruiting and training volunteers, and connecting with other agencies in our community. Qualifications and capabilities include a minimum 2 year diploma with a social service or counselling focus, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Client Service Director will be responsible for the oversight of the client service function of the KWPRC that will include, but not be limited to:
- Meeting with clients with pre or post pregnancy concerns to give information, support and counsel;
- Identifying ways to help meet the spiritual, life skill and practical needs of our clients;
- Co-ordinating and facilitating client education and programs;
- Developing and implementing evaluation processes for program reporting;
- Recruiting & training volunteers, and;
- Identifying and networking with other professionals/agencies in the community to enhance and promote programs
1. A committed Christian who actively demonstrates a dependence on Jesus Christ;
2. Exhibits a strong commitment to the pro-life position and to sexual purity;
3. Agrees with and upholds the Centre’s Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies;
4. Trustworthy, respecting sensitive issues and ensuring confidentiality of donor and client information; willing to sign and abide by the Centre’s confidentiality agreement;
5. Demonstrates empathy and has a heart for women needing patient guidance and support;
6. Demonstrates initiative and actively seeks out opportunities to meet the needs of our clients and volunteers;
7. A keen learner who seeks out opportunities to improve their skills and the contribution they make to the Centre’s success;
8. A team player who has a desire to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Centre, its programs, staff and volunteers in fulfilling our mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES:
1. Minimum 2 year diploma with a social services or counselling focus;
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field with proven counselling and/or mentoring experience;
3. Possesses strong interpersonal communication and problem solving skills;
4. Has well developed computer skills (Word, Excel, and other relevant software);
5. Is proactive in identifying needs and acting on opportunities to serve our clients and the volunteers who support them;
6. Is able to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and intended ministry outcomes;
7. Has proven leadership abilities and strong people skills;
8. Is able to capably and sensitively represent the Centre through well-developed written and oral communication skills;
9. Possesses well-developed organizational abilities with a keen ability to attend to and manage details and ensure accuracy of work assignments;
10. Some evening work will be required;
11. Attendance at special events related to the activities of the KWPRC;
12. Pray regularly for the KWPRC.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 to the attention of:
K-W Pregnancy Resource Centre
The KWPRC is committed to the protection of children – all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check.