Week 3 Parables – Parable of the Sheep and the Goats (March 8)
Read Matthew 25:31-46. Let’s apply what we learned on Day 15 about parables.
1. Main Characters …
2. Ideas that are emphasized in the dialogue (what people are saying) …
3. Context: This is the last of a series of parables in Matthew. Is it just a coincidence that the parables before this one are about good stewardship of your resources and talents? Does this context add clarity to the message in this parable?
1. What is the main point of the parable?
2. How is helping others related to serving God?
3. Think of the examples of what the righteous (the sheep) did. Do you find this message challenging? Talk to God about it and refer to your Prayer Journal.