On Sunday, Sept 15 we gave out Prayer Calendars to the entire congregation, asking everyone to pray every day for the individual(s) and their families listed on that calendar day. Pray for God’s blessing and healing, and for a supernatural ability to put CHRIST FIRST in time, talent, treasure & relationships.
To help you remember to do this, every Sunday for the next few weeks, we will create a post of the people to pray for that specific week. Hope this helps!
(If a name is not listed here, or if you have additional prayer requests, please submit these to the prayer chain by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
The following two prayers are adapted from scripture; they can be used to pray for individuals or for our community as a whole. In addition, use the ten prayer ideas below in “Let Us Pray–Each for the Other.”
“God, I pray for _________________. Make him/her/them alert and present, recognizing that You are about to do something new in their life. Help them to run with endurance the race that You have set before them. May they keep their eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects their faith. God, we ask that you will generously provide for all the needs of _______________. May they have everything they need and plenty left over to share with others. Help them to show they are Christians by their love.”
“We are people of faith, hope and love. God, we lift You high in praise. We know there are no boundaries to Your greatness. We stand in awe of Your works; we want to tell of Your mighty acts. Your beauty and splendour have everyone talking. Make your marvellous doings the headline news.”
Isaiah 43:19 MSG; Hebrews 12:1b-2; 2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT; John 13:35 GWT; Psalm 145 MSG
LET US PRAY FOR EACH OTHER
- That God would teach us from His word as we journey together into greaterthings. That we would pursue the reading of scripture with interest and passion.
- That the greaterthings journey would energize in new and gentle ways. That we would have a passion to become more fully devoted to putting Jesus first in commitment of our time, talent, treasure and relationships.
- That we would become a church where prayer is foundational and strategic in the networking and planning of all that we do.
- That we would continue to be a church that is known for the phrase- “lives changed here!”
- That we would be a missional church – pursuing a passion to reach out and extend hope to our community, our country and our world.
- That the leadership and staff would “attend to” God’s vision for the future of Westheights Church. That God would guide the leadership as they make important decisions.
- That we can truly worship God with our hearts not only in our worship services but in our daily lives throughout the week.
- That our church would be a safe place where people can experience love and acceptance, healing and freedom as they follow Christ.
- That Westheights children, youth and young adults would grow in the knowledge of God and would boldly stand for Christ in the world today.
- That our people would answer God’s call to serve and would step up, with a willing heart, to volunteer at the ministries of Westheights Church.