Since 2007, our church and community has donated 19,086 lbs of food through our Halloween for Hunger events. The Food Bank calculates that this is equivalent to 14,844 meals which Westheights Church and our neighbours have provided over the last nine years.
Our next Halloween for Hunger is just around the corner!
Join us Monday, October 31st to go door-to-door in teams collecting food donations for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region. What a great opportunity to get to know people at Westheights, meet our neighbours, and serve the tangible needs of people in our community by collecting non-perishable food! To make Halloween for Hunger run we need a large number of volunteers of all ages so sign up today.
Click Here to Sign up now!
- a TON of people to join Food Collection Teams
- 3-4 drivers (with vehicles) to collect food from the Food Collection Teams
- a handful of food receivers who will hang out at the church, helping to unload cars and box up donated food
- a handful of people who would be willing to donate treats for the hungry volunteers
- several families to lend us children’s plastic wagons for the evening
Once again, volunteers of all ages are needed for this fun and community-centred event! Sign up as a family, with some friends, or on your own! After the food collection, come on back to the church for hot apple cider and treats.
Don’t forget to fill a bag of non-perishable food yourself and drop it off any Sunday in October, or on the night of Halloween for Hunger!
Put it on your calendar today: Halloween for Hunger will take place on Monday, October 31, 2016 starting at 6pm at Westheights.
Please contact Tom Fenske (email@example.com) if you have questions.