This year’s corn roast was a huge success. We had fine weather, delicious food and, most importantly, a wonderful group of friends to hang out with. Fun facts about this year’s corn roast:
- Over 125 in attendance
- We filled and conscientiously sorted 3 green bins, 4 recycling bins, and only one bag full of garbage!
- We consumed 115 hamburgers and gobbled down 55 hot dogs
- 96 cobs of Herrle’s corn were shucked and many of us eagerly took advantage of the huge vat of real butter for corn-dunking
- 3 lbs of melted butter for corn dunking
- 45 jumbo marshmallows were roasted and enjoyed by children and adults alike
Thanks to our organizers and many volunteers who made this event such a big hit this year. Your cheerful smiles as you served food, shucked corn, hauled garbage, and cleaned up after our invasion were much appreciated.
Following is a video, recapping this year’s Corn Roast 2017.