Since 2007, our church and community has donated 24,732 lbs of food through our Halloween for Hunger events. The Food Bank calculates that this is equivalent to over 19,514 meals which Westheights Church and our neighbours have provided over the past eleven years. The Food Bank of Waterloo Region named Westheights Church as the Volunteer Group of the Year in 2017. We want to continue this tradition of helping out families experiencing food insecurity.
Our next Halloween for Hunger is just around the corner!
Join us Wednesday, October 31st to go door-to-door in teams collecting food donations for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region. What a great opportunity to get to know people at Westheights, meet our neighbours, and serve the tangible needs of people in our community by collecting non-perishable food! To make Halloween for Hunger run we need a large number of volunteers of all ages so sign up in the foyer on Sunday.
- a TON of people to join Food Collection Teams
- 3-4 drivers (with vehicles) to collect food from the Food Collection Teams
- a handful of food receivers who will hang out at the church, helping to unload cars and box up donated food
- a handful of people who would be willing to donate treats for the hungry volunteers
- several families to lend us children’s plastic wagons for the evening
Once again, volunteers of all ages are needed for this fun and community-centred event! Sign up as a family, with some friends, or on your own! After the food collection, come on back to the church for treats.
Don’t forget to fill a bag of non-perishable food yourself and drop it off any Sunday in October, or on the night of Halloween for Hunger!
Put it on your calendar today: Halloween for Hunger will take place on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 starting at 6:00pm at Westheights.
Please contact Tom Fenske (email@example.com) if you have questions.