I just wanted to make a quick post to say THANK YOU to every one of you that pitched in to make Halloween for Hunger happen again this year! You packed, snacked, and walked all over the neighbourhood. Without you, this event would not happen and we wouldn’t be able to raise as much food as we do. We won’t get the final haul weight until a week or two from now, but here’s some quick numbers:
- 82 people volunteered at the actual event
- 18 people supported the event by providing snacks and loaning wagons
- 126 full boxes packed (up from 102 in 2017)
- 7L of coffee and hot chocolate consumed
- 300 pounds of sugar-laden candy eaten (okay, I made this one up, but it’s probably right)
I love being a part of a community that puts so much love, energy, and time into such a worthy cause. Thanks for caring about and providing for our neighbours facing food insecurity! See you in 2019!