We all want the best for our kids, but which parenting information do we choose? With over 75,000 parenting books produced over the past 21 years, and the many voices, articles and online resources currently available, the task of figuring out where to turn for parenting advice is overwhelming. Some foundational parenting questions all parents of children ages 0-18 must consider:
- What are Parenting Styles and which ones should I be using in my parenting?
- How can I gain better communication skills and use them with my children?
- What does spending time with my kids look like?
- How do I effectively discipline my children?
Various aspects of home life also need addressing, with each section being a sizeable discussion on their own. Westheights Church, in collaboration with several local BIC churches, is excited to bring Brett Ullman to speak to us about navigating parenting. Brett Ullman travels North America speaking to teens, young adults, leaders and parents on topics including sexuality, mental health, dating and media. Brett’s seminars engage and challenge attendees to connect our ancient faith and the modern culture we live in. Participants are inspired to reflect on what we know, what we believe and how our faith ought to serve as the lens through which we view and engage tough conversations in our society today.
At this free workshop, Brett Ullman will give us practical tools so we can effectively talk with our kids about the following areas:
- Family Discipleship (how to raise our kids in our Christian faith)
- Health (mental, emotional, physical)
- Sexuality (pornography, dating, marriage)
- Media (TV, movies, music, social media)
- Drug / Alcohol use & abuse
This workshop is recommended for all parents or guardians of children and teens.
DATE: Saturday, May 11, 2019
TIME: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
PLACE: Westheights Community Church, 82 Westheights Dr. Kitchener, ON . N2N 2A8
CHILDCARE: Childcare provided for Infants to Grade 5s
REGISTRATION: Required for all attendees, including children – register HERE.
MORE INFO ABOUT BRETT ULLMAN: Website