2Serve is a not-for-profit organization that does outreach projects for the community of Waterloo Region. Once again, it’s time for their annual community back-to-school backpack drive.
For some children, returning to school will be a huge financial challenge to their families. To get all the required school supplies, it can cost a family $40 per child. For some families, particularly with several young children, this amount seems insurmountable.
Local not-for-profit organization, “2Serve,” is collecting backpacks and school supplies to help some of these families. It has been the dream of “2Serve” founder, Brenda Kumornik, to create an organization that will enable people to serve like Jesus, “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others” (Mark 10:45 NLT). This back-to-school backpack drive is one of many projects in her mission to serve multiple needs of the Waterloo Region.
Your donation towards supplies can mean many needy children will be ready for the school year. The goal this year is to fill at least 80 backpacks for children grades 1-8; last year with your help, 2Serve was able to distribute 54 backpacks to children in the area. You can help in two ways:
- Buy any items on the list, or fill a whole backpack. Give them directly to Brenda Kumornik at church service on any Sunday morning from August 4-25.
- Make a financial donation at: https://2serve-outreach.weebly.com/projects-to-donate-to.html
The following items are needed:
- New backpacks (highest priority)
- Lunch Bags
- Binders (1″)
- Pencil Cases
- Dividers (5-pack)
- Coloured Pencils (pack of 24)
- Coloured Markers (pack of 12)
- Protractor Sets
- Child-safe Scissors
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Lined Paper
- Rulers (non-flexible wood/plastic, 12″ or 30 cm)
- Glue Sticks
- Pens and Pencils
- Individual packs of Kleenex
- French/English Dictionary
Click here for a downloadable list of school supplies.
For more information about 2Serve, visit the website at http://2serve-outreach.weebly.com/