We are excited to be announcing that Halloween for Hunger is back for our 14th year!
Since 2007, our church and community has donated 30,850 lbs of food through our Halloween for Hunger events. The Food Bank of Waterloo region calculates that this is equivalent to over 24,797 meals which we and our neighbours have been able to provide for families experiencing food insecurity.
What will be different this year?
We will be still delivering flyers to over 800 homes, asking our neighbours to contribute donations of food. But this year, instead of going door to door collecting food we are asking our neighbours to drop-off their donations at 82 Westheights Drive between 9am-12pm on October 31. In addition, we are also hosting a virtual food drive (CLICK HERE to donate!)
How can you help?
- We need individuals or families to sign-up to deliver flyers between October 19 and 28.
- We need volunteers to receive food donations and pack boxes of food on October 31 (you can dress up if you wish).
- Bring your own contribution of food or make a donation online.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Christina Main.
Given the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some of the safety precautions we are taking:
- All volunteers and staff will be screened on October 31.
- All volunteers and staff will be required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth for the duration of the event.
- All volunteers and staff will be encouraged to wash/sanitize their hands frequently.
- All volunteers and staff will maintain physical distancing from those who are not a part of their family bubble.
We are looking forward to being able to care for our community again this year and we hope that you will be a part of it!