Over 15 months ago, the pandemic forced our church family to get creative in how we expressed who we are as a local church. In those early days it didn’t take long for us to switch our Sunday service and other ministries to being exclusively online. Since then we have continued to look for ways to express our calling as a church by adding events like prayer meetings, collecting items for the Community Centre and sending an expression of care to one another. Necessity has been the mother of invention and we have been inspired to get creative in adding various things over the past year.
As we look to the summer, we are once again going to “add” something to how we are expressing what it means to be Westheights Community Church. Starting on July 11, we will have two ways that you may participate in our Sunday gathering. The first is Westheights@Home and this refers to those of us who will continue to enjoy our weekly service from our homes. The other is called Westheights@82. This is something new that will take place at 82 Westheights Drive, Kitchener. We do realize that Westheights@82 is not going to be for all of us and that is okay. From wherever you participate, we want you to know that you are a part of our Westheights Community Church family!
What is Westheights@82?
Westheights@82 is an in-person gathering at 82 Westheights Drive on Sundays at 10:30am, beginning July 11, 2021 and will include both live and prerecorded elements. Our hope is that Westheights@82 will be broadcast to those watching at home. Whether you gather in-person or at home, we are committed to ensuring the same quality of experience.
Here are some important things to take note of:
- You will need to register online prior to attending. Registration opens the Wednesday prior to the service and closes late Saturday night. Please check our weekly communications for the registration link. Due to physical distancing, our seating capacity will be limited.
- All attendees are required to wear face masks at all times. If you are not able to wear a mask, we invite you to enjoy our Westheights@Home option.
- You will be asked screening questions upon entry. Please stay home if you are sick.
- Physical distancing will be expected of all attendees.
- At this time we will not be offering infant care, Kids Ministry or Jr High programming.
- Initially, we will use pre-recorded worship videos. Attendees will be permitted to sing along in worship (with masks of course).
For those taking in Westheights@Home, we will continue to encourage attendees to use the chat function on Youtube and we will continue to facilitate the after-service Virtual Foyer. These have been great ways to stay connected despite being in different physical spaces.
In closing, we again want to say that whether you join us from Westheights@Home or Westheights@82, that you are a part of our church family!