Halloween for Hunger – 2021
We are excited to be announcing that Halloween for Hunger is back for our 15th year!
Since 2007, our church and community has donated 32,160 lbs of food through our Halloween for Hunger events. Combined with financial donations, The Food Bank of Waterloo region calculates that this is equivalent to over 34,100 meals which we and our neighbours have been able to provide for families experiencing food insecurity.
The 2021 Halloween for Hunger Experience
This year we will be delivering flyers to over 800 homes, asking our neighbours to contribute donations of food. But instead of going door to door collecting food we are asking our neighbours to drop-off their donations at the church between 1-3pm on Sunday October 31. In addition, we are also hosting a virtual food drive https://www.thefoodbank.ca/westheightschurch/.
How can you help?
- We need people to assemble flyers and bags so they are ready for delivery.
- We need individuals or families to deliver flyers between October 18-29th.
- We need volunteers to receive food donations and pack boxes of food on October 31 (you can dress up if you wish).
- Bring your own contribution of food or make a donation online.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this google form.
Given the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some of the safety precautions we are taking.
- All volunteers and staff will be screened on October 31
- All volunteers and staff will be required to wear masks for the duration of the event.
- All volunteers and staff will be encouraged to wash/sanitize their hands frequently.
- All volunteers and staff will maintain physical distancing from those who are not a part of their family bubble.
We are looking forward to being able to care for our community again this year and we hope that you will be a part of it!