Since 2007, our church and community have donated 32,160 lbs of food and $4,507 cash donations through our Halloween for Hunger events. The Food Bank calculates that this is equivalent to over 40,270 meals Westheights Church and our neighbours have provided over the past fifteen years. We want to continue this tradition of helping out families experiencing food insecurity.
Our 16th Halloween for Hunger is just around the corner!
Join us Monday, October 31st to go door-to-door in teams collecting food donations for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region. What an excellent opportunity to get to know people at Westheights, meet our neighbours, and serve the real needs of people in our community by collecting non-perishable food! To make Halloween for Hunger run we need a large number of volunteers of all ages so sign up in the foyer on Sunday or by the online form here.
- 2 Staplers/Counters: Staple & Compile the Flyer & Food Bag Packages for Set Routes (Oct 10-13)
- 10 Flyer Delivers – Delivering flyers & bags to a set route of homes (Oct 24-29)
- Minimum 40 Food Collectors to go door-to-door collecting the food bags
- 4 Drivers (with vehicles) to collect food from the Food Collection Teams
- 20 Food Receivers who will hang out at the church, helping to unload cars and box up donated food
- 4 Treat Providers – people who would be willing to donate treats for the hungry volunteers
- 10 borrowed children’s plastic wagons for the evening
Once again, volunteers of all ages are needed for this fun and community-centred event! Sign up as a family, with some friends, or on your own! After the food collection, come on back to the church for treats.
Don’t forget to fill a bag of non-perishable food yourself and drop it off any Sunday in October, or on the night of Halloween for Hunger! In addition, we are hosting a virtual food drive https://www.thefoodbank.ca/westheightschurch/
Put it on your calendar today: Halloween for Hunger will take place on October 31, 2022 starting at 6:00pm at Westheights.
Please contact Pastor Josh if you have questions.