On Thursday, November 25th there will be not be the usual youth meeting. Instead we will be meeting at the Operation Christmas Child Warehouse. OCC distributes shoe boxes filled with things like toys, school supplies and hygiene items in order to bless the lives of children living in desperate situations – and we’re excited that we get to be a part of that!
PLEASE NOTE: We need to give OCC exact numbers so please let Gillian know by Thursday, November 18th Monday, November 22nd if you are planning to come. Unfortunately, if you show up unannounced we will have to send you home… eek!
Some other things to remember:
- We will be meeting at the OCC Warehouse at 6:40pm and will finish our shift at 9:30pm.
- We will be in a warehouse so please dress warmly and wear closed-toed shoes.
- You can collect volunteer hours for this if you bring the proper paperwork with you and ask the shift supervisor to sign it for you!
- To ensure safety and security in the Processing Centre please do not bring valuables, such as purses, bags, backpacks, iPods, mp3 players, etc. because none of these items are allowed on the warehouse floor. If these items are brought into the Processing Centre, they must be stored behind the Reception Desk, where there is a designated safe, secure area.
- Each volunteer must receive training, prior to going out to the warehouse workstations. After the training session, our group may be split up and asked to work in different areas, depending on the jobs that are available for that particular shift.
- Please DO NOT be late!
- You must have your orange WSM Contact Info and Waiver form in if you intend to come. If you do not have a copy, you can download a PDF here.
The building address is: 580 Weber St N, Waterloo – however, that is the NCR office.
The Processing Centre warehouse is located at the corner of Northfield Dr W and Weber St N in Waterloo; the entrance to the warehouse and parking lot is off of Northfield Dr W at the Parkside Dr intersection.